San Luis Obispo County is the third largest wine region in California. There are two distinct wine grape growing regions - Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo's Edna Valley - with nearly 200 wineries and more than 100 tasting rooms, featuring award-winning vintages and innovative wine grape growing techniques. Experience one of the many events celebrating the grape:
- Paso Robles Zinfandel Festival (March)
- Hospice du Rhône (April) in Paso Robles, the world's largest celebration of Rhône variety wines
- Roll Out the Barrels Weekend, San Luis Obispo (June)
- Annual Paso Robles Wine Festival (May), the largest outdoor wine tasting in California
- Annual Harvest Wine Festival (November), featuring auction and winery open houses.