6 - 9 pm • August 5th, 2011
ARTS Obispo • 544-9251 • firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Anam-Cre' Pottery Studio: 570 Higuera #140 (SLO Creamery) 544-1850 - Anam-Cre' Student Pottery sale and live music. anamcre.com
2. Art Central: 1329 Monterey 788-0887 - John Barnard's "Painting Never Grows Old." Artist's reception August 5th 6-9pm. Show runs August 2nd - August 30th. ArtCentralSlo.wordpress.com
3. ARTS Space Obispo: 570 Higuera #165 (SLO Creamery) 544-9251 - Sean Beauchamp's "Letters to the Universe" depicts nostalgia, skill sets, & story. SLO's oldest fire engine (restored lettering by Beauchamp). artsobispo.org
4. Bambu Batu: 1023 Broad 788-0806 - Jewelry by Pamela Thoring, bamboo fashions from Hybrid Couture, pottery & ceramics by Josh Kaiser Designs. Live jazz & salacious libations. bambubatu.com
5. Baxter Moerman: 1118 Morro 305-8118 - Showing paintings by classically trained and local artist Tony Girolo. baxtermoerman.com
6. Coalition: 974 Monterey 595-1010 - "The Nostalgic Future" The solo and collaborative work of Stenzskull and Chelsey Miles. theridecoalition.com
7. compact: 1166 Higuera 235-3256 - The Start of the Gauntlet of Beings-Kevin Hanley and Euan Macdonald. 8/7 opening 7-10 pm. compactgallery.net
8. Creeky Tiki - Network Bar: 778 Higuera 544-2200 - Come enjoy food, live music, and original paintings and photographs by SLO local Mika McGee.
9. Frame Works: 339 Marsh 542-9000 - 'Circle of Life' Artist Reception for Sabrina Rouse a photographic collection capturing intimate glimpses into the life of flowers. SLOART.com
10. GALA Center: 1060 Palm 541-4252 - Ron Dieb with Fauvist Impressionistic paintings and de la Roche's new digital photography are represented in the GALA gallery August thru October 2011. ccgala.org
11. the gallery @ energy in motion: 1023 Nipomo, Suite 50 (Soda Works Building) 235-6297- We'll be off in August for The Central Coast Cancer Challenge. But back with a new show in September! energy-in-motion.net
12. The Gallery at the Network: 778 Higuera, in the Network 788-0886 - Opening a new show "Carved, Coiled and Formed" featuring artworks by ten artists. galleryatthenetwork.com
13. Granada Bistro and Lounge: 1130 Morro 556-4211 - Intoxicated with Art. A collection of artists showing works about wine, sprits and drinking! granadabistro.com
14. Growing Grounds Downtown Store: 956 Chorro 544-4967 - Janet Allenspach, incorporates Aboriginal symbolism to tell a story in her art. Wine by Cerro Caliente winery. Live music by Central Coast surf band- The Dentures!
15. Hands Gallery: 777 Higuera 543-1921 - Cambrian artist Thad Markham showing his new "Out of the Bowl" produce Sculpture. Wine tasting by Tolosa Vineyards, yum! handsgallery.com
16. Heaven and Earth: 964 Chorro (Upstairs) 602-1542 - "Sit On This", featuring artists' interpretations of the humble and/or exalted chair. A portion of proceeds will benefit children's' programs at SLOMA.
17. History Center of San Luis Obispo County: 696 Monterey 543-0638 - Book signing event with Gary Hoving, author of San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department. Sheriff's Department historic artifacts on display. historycenterslo.org
18. humanKind Fair Trade: 982 Monterey 594-1220 - Come view local artists' work and enjoy the craftsmanship of global artisans. humankindslo.org
19. iDrew Fine Art: 331 Pacific 234-2302 - Come see the working artist studio and satisfy your cravings for large luscious abstract oil paintings tucked away behind the boat shop! drewdavis.com
20. Josephine Crawford Studio: 873 Church (Railroad district) 543-2237- 5-6pm Pre-Party Salon. Maps & previews of Art After Dark. (close at 6).
21. Kevin Main Jewelry: 720 Higuera 547-0662 - Featuring Jeff Thies with his contemporary and post-modern designs creating timeless works of art through furniture, public art, and interior décor. kevinmain.com
22. Kreuzberg, Ca: 870 Monterey 439-2060 - Showcasing San Luis Street Art by local artists.
23. The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County: 574 Marsh 544-9096 - "Love the Land," Laurel Sherrie's vibrant paintings celebrate local scenic vistas. Enjoy artful surprises, tasty treats and day hike ideas.
24. Linnaea's Café: 1110 Garden 541-5888 - Still life and landscapes by Christine Cortese. Meet the artist during Art After Dark. linnaeas.com
25. The Photo Shop: 1027 B Marsh 543-4025 - Displaying current photographic work of Steve Quick. Artist will be in attendance 6 - 8pm. photoshopslo.com
26. San Luis Obispo Museum of Art: 1010 Broad, in Mission Plaza 543-8562 - Exhibiting Sarah Winkler: Golden Contours, collages & dimensional painting clusters; Douglas Stenhouse transparent watercolors; and Robert Reynolds: Stillpoints II landscape paintings. sloma.org
27. Stephen Patrick Design: 888 Monterey 544-3326 - Talented local artists: J. Salazar, P. Forrest, M. James, J.Theis, R. Wayne, S. Pierce, D. Wolfe, K. Patrick, M. Manning, B. Reyes. Canvas, Furniture, Jewelry, Botanicals, Photography.
28. Steynberg Gallery: 1531 Monterey 547-0278 - Presenting a show of Masks, Sculptures and Fetishes of the world's people. Please join us for the opening reception. steynberggallery.com
29. West End Espresso & Tea: 670-A Higuera 543-4902 - Exhibits talented local artists - acrylics, oils, photography - various styles & types. Come see what's new! westendespressoandtea.com