Art After Dark, Presented by ARTS Obispo
Friday, June 7, 6-9 pm | San Luis Obispo | 30 venues
FROM TRAINS TO DREAMSCAPES TO WESTERN SKIES, "ART AFTER DARK" OFFERS A VARIETY OF LOCAL ARTISTS IN JUNE
The next edition of "Art After Dark" features a variety of visual art from many local artists at 30 locations throughout downtown San Luis Obispo from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, June 7.
A sampling of this month's highlights includes:
• Alegria Wine and Ware at 942 Chorro celebrates the drama of western skies with Jeanne Miller's oil landscapes and offers George Jercich's molten glass birds.
• Community Counseling Center at 1129 Marsh showcases works focused on dreamscapes and mindfulness from Linda Wald, Teresa Pardini, Monique Snow, Glenna Cox, Terri Tylman and Mark Lowe.
• History Center of San Luis Obispo County at 696 Monterey honors the 50th anniversary of Cuesta College with an intriguing display for one night only.
• Linnaea's Café at 1110 Garden presents "Best in Show," small works by Tracy Taylor.
• Steynberg Gallery at 1531 Monterey takes a peek at the erotic with "Exposed," works from Tim Anderson, Joanne B. Ruggles, Steven C. deLuque, Shane Yates, Mark Bryan, Barry Goyette, David S. Scott, Anne Garrick, Tracy Taylor and Josephine Crawford.
• Tartaglia Realty at 968 Monterey displays the award-winning railroad photographs of John Roskoski.
Visit artsobispo.org/artafterdark.php for a complete list and map of this month's participating venues.
Always the first Friday of the month, "Art After Dark" promotes artists, galleries and venues that showcase the visual, literary and performing arts. "Art After Dark" is presented by ARTS Obispo and co-sponsored by the City of San Luis Obispo, SLO Downtown Association and New Times.
For more information contact ARTS Obispo, 805-544-9251.
# # #
1. alegria wine and ware: 942 Chorro 596.0200: Celebrating the drama of western skies with Jeanne Miller's oil landscapes. George Jercich molten glass birds. Plus wines and tapas! alegria-slo.com
2. A Muse Gallery: 845 Higuera 439.3000: "Celebrity Styling's" by artist Stephen Holland. From Mohamed Ali to John Lennon mixed media prints, come find your favorite!
3. Art Central: 1329 Monterey 747.4200: Exhibiting wonderful, musically-inspired art by local artists, "Music to My Eyes." Artist reception, 6-8pm. Exhibit runs through July 2. artcentralartsupply.com
4. ARTS Obispo: 1123 Mill 544.9251: Closed this month for Art After Dark. artsobispo.org
5. Assets: 853 Monterey 781.0199: Featuring local artist Shane Stoneman with amazing surf art. Show
continues all month. Sampling Filipponi Ranch Cellars wine. sloassets.com
6. B. Anthony & Company Jewelers: 674 Higuera 544.8988: Exploring light, textures and composition with the photographs of Umut Toker, an architect and urban designer with a keen interest in art. banthony.com
7. Bambu Batu: 1023 Broad 788.0806: Astrology with Harry Farmer, Lacy's jewelry inspired by nature, locally crafted beers from Creekside Brewing, and live music by Patrick Herrera and friends. bambubatu.com
8. Baxter Moerman Jewelry: 1118 Morro 305.8118: Closed: Exhibiting our jewelry at the Contemporary Crafts Market in Santa Monica. Come view our newest jewelry designs next week! baxtermoerman.com
9. Brick House Goods: 1119 Chorro 594.1119: National Reso-Phonic ukulele, mandolin & guitar showcase with local craft beer tasting and live music. brickhousegoods.com
10. Clippers: 1351 Monterey 783.2887: Stop by and see what's new! clippersbarber.com
11. Community Counseling Center: 1129 Marsh 543.7969: Showcasing Linda Wald, Teresa Pardini, Monique Snow, Glenna Cox, Terri Tylman and Mark Lowe's art focused on the themes of dreamscapes and mindfulness. cccslo.com
12. Drew Davis Fine Art: 331 Pacific 234.2302: Stop by and see what's new! drewdavis.com
13. Frame Works: 339 Marsh 542.9000: Featuring original paintings by local artists Alfredo Arciniaga, Leslie Rhae Barber, Marguerite Costigan and Jerry Scott. sloart.com
14. GALA Center: 1060 Palm 541.4252: Proudly sponsoring the 7th annual Pride Art Exhibit reflecting the experiences, ethics and sensibilities of the GLBT community and embracing many styles and subjects. ccgala.org
15. The Gallery at the Network: 778 Higuera 788.0886: Celebrating the fabulous Central Coast with "The Landscape Connection," luxuriant, luminous and local paintings and photographs by talented Gallery artists. galleryatthenetwork.com
16. The Gold Concept: 740 Higuera 544.1088: Stop by and see Gina Rizzo's recent artwork featuring large meditative oil pastels that are simple, vibrant close-up nature studies. thegoldconcept.com
17. Growing Grounds Downtown Store: 956 Chorro 544.4967: Dramatic art by Joey Salazar featuring motion and emotion, live music by Próxima Parada, a group relentlessly pursuing creation and discovery through music, and local wine poured by Castoro Cellars.
18. Hands Gallery: 777 Higuera 543.1921: Live music with Johnee Gange. Metal wall sculpture by Flying Elephant. New work from Sticks. handsgallery.com
19. History Center of San Luis Obispo County: 696 Monterey 543.0638: In honor of their 50th anniversary, Cuesta College will display at the museum for one night only. historycenterslo.org
20. HumanKind Fair Trade: 982 Monterey 594.1220: Featuring photographer Jean Paul Molyneux with his captivating images from his most recent trip to Peru. humankindslo.org
21. Jules D: 1129 A Garden 781.0722: Closed this month for Art After Dark. jules-d.com
22. Kevin Main Jewelry: 720 Higuera 547.0662: Original paintings by Dana Kimberly Hixson. Each painting is an exploration of light, color and shape from the first stroke of the brush to the last. kevinmain.com
23. Linnaea's Café: 1110 Garden 541.5888: Presenting," Best in Show," small works by Tracy Taylor linnaeas.com
24. Mama Ganache Artisan Chocolates: 1445 Monterey 782.9868: Nancy Koren's "Nature Photography" exhibits her last ten years of digital pictures. It includes her recent work printed on metal! mama-ganache-shop.com
25. Pacific Garden Studio: 463 Pacific 607.8074: Retrospective of Don Carr, watercolorist, father and friend. An evening of celebration. Playing vinyl, serving wine and hors d'oeuvres. Affordable prints available.
26. The Photo Shop: 1027 B Marsh 543.4025: Presenting a beautiful show, "Colorful Costa Rica" by local photographers Cheryl Strahl and Pat Brown. Artists will be in attendance 6-8pm. photoshopslo.com
27. San Luis Obispo Museum of Art: 1010 Broad 543.8562: Exhibiting "Stratachronistic Rooms" by Genevieve Hastings; "Spirit Vessels" by Phyllis Thelen; "Proof is in the Prints" by Cuesta students. sloma.org
28. Spike's Pub: 570 Higuera 544.7157: Beer inspired jewelry created and displayed by Vanessa Gillard. spikespub.com
29. Steynberg Gallery: 1531 Monterey 547.0278: "Exposed" Tim Anderson, Joanne B. Ruggles, Steven C.deLuque, Shane Yates, Mark Bryan, Barry Goyette, David S. Scott, Anne Garrick, Tracy Taylor and Josephine Crawford take a peek at the erotic. steynberggallery.com
30. Tartaglia Realty: 968 Monterey 544.1244: Displaying award winning railroad photographer, John Roskoski. John was recently published in Trains Magazine for his photos of the SMVRR. tartagliarealty.com
31. Treat Paine Acupuncture: 1264 Higuera #C102 541.1980: "The Girl with Kaleidoscope Eyes" Visalia digital artist, Joanie Constable invites you to explore intriguing patterns of color and light. treatpaine.com
32. Yarns...at the Adobe: 964 Chorro 549.9276: Spotlighting "Ragtime," a group of inspired women transforming, repurposing, and teaching the secrets of "thrift store couture." Projects from funkiness to elegance, accessories to clothing. yarnsattheadobe.com