Atascadero, California Celebrates Wine Month in June
Enjoy Special Events, Hotel Packages and Great Deals on Wine, Food, Golf and Spa Experiences, Plus Special Opportunities to Win a Weekend Wine Festival Getaway
Located in the heart of California's Central Coast wine region midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, Atascadero is home to a diverse blend of colorful history, vineyards and a thriving downtown that retains its small town charm. Throughout the month of June, Atascadero will celebrate Wine Month with special events, customized hotel packages and discounts on wine, food, spa, golf and outdoor activities. For more information, visit www.visitatascadero.com.
- Wine Month Events -
Mayors Winemaker Dinner
June 21, 2013
Held at the beautiful Pavilion on the lake, guests will partake in one hour of wine tasting followed by a four-course, winemaker dinner and silent and live auctions. For tickets, call (805) 470-3478 or visit www.atascaderowinefestival.org/winemaker-dinner.
3rd Annual Lakeside Wine Festival Benefit Golf Tournament
June 22, 2013
Chalk Mountain Golf Course
This event will be held at the beautiful Chalk Mountain Golf Course, known for its well-established and beautifully maintained, hilly course. Lots of fabulous prizes are available including new vehicles for anyone hitting a "hole in one" on hole #3 or #5! To purchase ticket, call (805) 466-8848 or visit www.atascaderowinefestival.org/golf-tournament.
Atascadero Lakeside Wine Festival
June 22, 2013
Atascadero Lake Park
This celebration of world-class wines, food and artistic talents features over 80 San Luis Obispo County wineries, food pairings, fine art, live music and entertainment. To purchase tickets, visit www.atascaderowinefestival.org.
Passport to the Creston Wine Trail
June 29-30, 2013
Creston Wine Trail
This celebration of wine, food and music celebrates the members of the Creston Wine Trail (August Ridge, B&E Vineyard, Chateau Margene, Olivas de Oro, Shadow Run, Stanger Vineyards and The Loading Chute) who will pour current releases, and select library wines. To purchase tickets, call (805) 238-2321.
-Hotel Packages and Discounts-
All hotel guests who mention "Atascadero Wine Month" at the time of booking will receive a bottle of wine upon arrival.
Best Western PLUS Colony Inn Packages - this award winning hotel hosts 75 well-appointed rooms, outdoor seasonal pool, spa, fully appointed fitness center and conference facility.
- Atascadero Wine Month Special - During "Atascadero Wine Month," stay two-nights, get the third night 50% off, a complimentary bottle of wine, wine tasting vouchers, a special welcome gift, full breakfast and area wine tasting map. Call (805) 466-4449 to reserve and ask for rate code "WINEME." Discount night not valid on Friday or Saturday lodging. Offer valid June 1 through July 1, 2013. One per customer. No cash value. Some restrictions may apply. Reservations based upon availability.
The Carlton Hotel Packages - Originally built in 1929, the historic Carlton Hotel features 52 richly appointed rooms and suites with spectacular views of rolling hills, 400 thread-count linens and down comforters, marble baths, and separate showers, high speed internet access and luxurious spa robes.
- Atascadero Wine Month Special - In honor of "Atascadero Wine Month" guests receive a 10% discount on a two night stay during the month of June. Purchase a discounted Wine Passport for $25 ($10 savings) and enjoy tastings from 15 different wineries for 90 days. Call (805) 461-5100 to reserve Reservation Code: ATAS. Based on availability.
- Zip Line Canopy Tour Special - Guests seeking adventure will save $10 off any regular zip line canopy tour as well as a complimentary wine tasting for two at Ancient Peaks Winery. See any guest associate at the hotel for more information, or call (805) 461-5100 to make reservations.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Packages - Tranquil and quiet, guests will discover a warm wine country ambiance with modern amenities and comforts. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast each morning along with an outdoor pool, spa, 24-hour fitness room and free wifi.
- Atascadero Wine Month Special - During June, stay two consecutive nights and get a third night free. Guests will also enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine plus two wine tasting vouchers at Ancient Peaks Winery. For reservations, call (805) 462-0200 and ask for rate code "Wine Month." Some restrictions may apply. Reservations based upon availability. Must book at least seven days in advance.
- Atascadero Lakeside Wine Festival Weekend - To celebrate the Atascadero Lakeside Wine Festival guests will receive discounted deluxe hotel accommodations, discounted tickets to the Wine Festival (special price of $35/$10 off regular price), complimentary shuttle to/from the festival along with a local beer and wine reception Saturday evening. Call (805) 462-0200 to reserve and ask for rate code "Atascadero Wine Month."
- Zip & Sip Experience - For the adventure seekers, this package includes one night deluxe accommodations, zip line tickets and a complimentary wine tasting for two at onsite Ancient Peaks Winery. Call (800) 462-0200 to reserve and ask for the "Zip & Sip Experience."
Olivas de Oro Olive Company Guest House Packages - Experience the beauty of this century-old olive orchard and the charm of the 3-bedroom guest house nestled among olive trees with orchard and vineyard views. Visit the tasting room to sample the award winning extra virgin and flavored olive oils, vinegars, and specialty farm products or enjoy a picnic under the olive trees.
- Atascadero Wine Month Special - Stay two nights and get the third night free. Call (805) 227-4223 to make reservations.
-Culinary and Wine Discounts -
Numerous wineries, olive oil tasting rooms and restaurants are offering special discounts for those mentioning Atascadero Wine Month. Click here for additional discounts.
Cass Vineyards and Winery: Located in the rolling, oak-studded hills between Paso Robles and Creston, the tasting room at Cass Winery offers picnic fare and chef prepared wine and food pairings daily at the Cass Café. Atascadero Wine Month Special- Save $10 off lunch with a purchase of a bottle of wine or $20 off the purchase of two lunches and two bottles of wine. 7350 Linne Road, Paso Robles, CA. (805)239-1730.
Olivas de Oro Olive Company - Visit the beautiful, century old olive orchards and see how the award-winning olive oils are grown. Inside the tasting room, guests can sample extra virgin and flavored olive oils, vinegars, and specialty farm products. Atascadero Wine Month Special - Save 10% off the Extra Virgin Olive Oils. 4625 La Panza Road, Creston, CA (805) 227-4223.
The Barrel Room - Nestled in the downtown Historic Colony District, the Barrel Room is a cozy retreat for wine lovers. Enjoy the finest local wines by the glass or by the bottle. Atascadero Wine Month Special -2-for-1 wine tastings during the month of June and 25% off a bottle of Tarrica Wine. 5989 Traffic Way, Atascadero, CA. (805) 462-9000.
Haven Wine Bistro - Discover some of the best local wines, a fabulous menu and live music on the outdoor patio. Atascadero Wine Month Special - receive a 20% discount off the Farmer's Local Salad and a choice of any wine by the glass (only $22 per person after discount). 6155 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA. (805) 461-WINE (9463).
-Golf and Spa Discounts-
VINO+THERAPY Studio - Experience the healing and rejuvenating properties of wine with a variety of soothing spa treatments. Atascadero Wine Month Special - Enjoy a glass of local wine, Signature Wine Foot Soak & Champagne Sugar Scrub Foot Treatment along with an Aromatherapy Spa Sommelier BAR Setup and a choice of a 30-Minute Vino Massage or Coco-Cab Facial. As an added bonus, guests will also receive wine tasting at The Barrel Room. Package price is only $59 per person. 5990 Entrada, Atascadero, CA. (805) 466-VINO.
The Spa Central Coast - Escape the pressures of life and enter a state of well being with The Spa Central Coast. Atascadero Wine Month Special - Couples will receive 35% discount off a one-hour couples massage, a Mediterranean foot soak and a session in the private steam room. Package price is only $210 per couple (savings of $115) during the month of June. 6105 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA. (805) 464-0129.
Chalk Mountain Golf Course - This well-established and beautifully maintained course boasts the most comfortable and easy-going atmosphere of the three county courses. Atascadero Wine Month Special - women play for free after 10 am throughout the month of June. 10000 El Bordo Avenue, Atascadero, CA. (805) 466-8848.
- Enter to Win -
Enter to win lots of fantastic giveaways such as a 3-night getaway package which includes a behind the scenes culinary adventure, 3-night deluxe accommodations at the Historic Carlton Hotel along with tickets to the wine festival events, a zip lining adventure and a tour of Hearst Castle! There are also weekly giveaways happening throughout May and June for prizes such as Hearst Castle tickets and zip lining tickets to Margarita Adventures. www.facebook.com/VisitAtascadero