Looking for destinations for your next all-girls trip? Plan a girlfriends' weekend getaway at a destination that's as fun, fabulous and unique as the ladies in your life.
San Luis Obispo, California features all of the luxuries and party ideas girlfriends love to indulge in-like spas, beaches, shopping, chocolate, wine & gourmet food, dancing, outdoor activities, and nights on the town-helping girlfriends let their hair down for a footloose and fun weekend getaway, mother-daughter weekend, bachelorette party, or college/sorority reunion weekend.
Girls-Only Weekend: Day 1
* First, get the lay of the land the only way ladies know how: go shopping! Unique boutiques in downtown San Luis Obispo like Romp, Ambiance, Avanti, and Coverings as well as chains like Urban Outfitter and Banana Republic, will keep the ladies shopping until they drop.
* Then, a variety of unique Salons and Day Spas will help pick the girls back up with everything from pedicures and foot massages to body work and facials at places like Blade Runner Day Spa, Bliss Body Spa, Salon Lux, Tigerlily, Reveal Salon, Studio 23 and more.
* After they are primped, pampered, and powdered, head out for a night on the town enjoying a multitude of lounges, bars and restaurants girlfriends will love like the intimate Granada Bistro, Novo, Blue, Ciopinot, or Giuseppe's restaurants and lounges.
Girls-Only Weekend: Day 2
* Now that you've seen the heart of downtown, it's time to let the ladies loose in the beautiful surrounding wine country. Start with a scenic, easy hike to let the girls catch up without huffing and puffing, at the Bob Jones Trail, Johnson Ranch Trail, Eagle Rock Trail at El Chorro Regional Park, or a stroll along the sand in Pismo Beach. Alternatively, Smiling Dog Yoga offers yoga classes and a vegetarian café for more flexible female parties.
* Then, pack up a picnic basket and tour the great local wineries in Edna Valley (just five minutes away from your hotel), like Sextant, Edna Valley Vineyards, Talley, Baileyana, Claiborne & Churchill and Wolff. Stop off at any of the wineries' outdoor tables or open areas to eat your picnic of fresh, local cheeses and produce from the Thursday Evening Farmer's Market (or local grocers).
* If there's still daylight, tour the galleries and art studios downtown to get a peek at the art inspired by the area's picturesque setting.
* Regroup for dinner and, for dessert, stop by Sweet Earth Organic Chocolates in downtown San Luis Obispo for a box of guilt-free truffles.
Girls' Weekend Hotel Spotlight: Madonna Inn
There is perhaps no better way to kick off a girls' weekend party than by visiting or staying at the Madonna Inn. Although not named after the famous pop star (but rather the late local legend Alex Madonna), the inn is nevertheless bright pink, flamboyantly decorated and full of luxuries ladies will go gaga for. Be sure to taste their decadent treats from the bakery, shop at the on-site high-end boutique My Favorite Things, and take a trip to the new spa, featuring an infinity pool, expansive views of the city and surrounding foothills, and unique offerings like the Spa & Stay Package. Of course, ladies will need a guide to see one of the inn's most famous attractions: the real-rock waterfall urinal in the men's restroom!
For additional information on San Luis Obispo.