by Tina Swithin
Paso Robles Wine Country is becoming world-renowned as a culinary destination with magnificent wines. Winemakers and farmers in Paso Robles are always happy to share their scrumptious recipes and because I believe in sharing, you will also benefit from outreach to discover the best recipes in Paso Robles. Enjoy!
Spaghetti "Vina Robles"
Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 35 min.
1 lb Spaghetti
½ tsp Olive oil
½ lb Italian Sausage, skinned, cut into ½ inch pieces
6 oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 small Onion, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
1 can Tomatoes, chopped (16 oz)
½ cup Vina Robles Red4
½ tsp Salt & Pepper, plus 1-2 tbsp salt for pasta water
3 oz Black pit less olives, cut in halves
1 bunch Basil, coarsely chopped
3 oz Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (firm to the bite); drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add sausage and fry for 4-5 minutes. Remove and
set aside. Reduce heat, dab up fat with paper towel and add a little oil if necessary. Add
mushrooms, onion, garlic and sweat slowly while stirring for approximately 2 minutes over
medium heat. Add the tomatoes and the wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring sauce to
a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer over low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Pour yourself a glass of Vina Robles Red4
4. Add the cooked sausage, the olives and the basil. Make sure everything is heated through.
5. Serve sauce over spaghetti immediately in deep bowls. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Use your favorite pasta instead of spaghetti.
- Substitute Italian sausage with diced chicken breast.
- Use other fresh herbs instead of basil (parsley, oregano, chives).
Suggested Pairing: Vina Robles Red4
Tina Swithin is the Marketing Coordinator and Blog Manager for TravelPaso.com where she writes blog-a-licious articles about everything 'Paso Robles'. Follow the Paso Robles Insider to get the inside scoop on all the haps in Paso Robles Wine Country.