Whether you’re ready or not, the holidays are here. With them comes the pressure to find the perfect gift for everyone on your shopping list. Fortunately, SLO CAL has no shortage of local artisans and businesses with unique items that are sure to delight almost anyone. Here’s a guide to some SLO CAL Crafted® makers, what to buy from them and who to buy it for this year.
For the homeowner
- If You Give A Girl A Saw - Walnut Breakfast Tray - Or, if you’re feeling bold, the cedar mirror frame will make a statement in any space.
- Deadwood Revival Designs - Live Edge Bookshelf - For that very special someone with a very special space.
For the foodie
- Kehoe Carbon Cookware Skillet - Hand-forged from carbon steel plates and built to last for generations.
- Talley Farms Fresh Harvest Box Subscription - Talley Farms offers gift cards, and they ship out of state!
- Arroyo Grande Meat Co. Gift Card - The perfect gift for the foodie who has everything.
- Pasolivo Olive Grove Tour and Tasting - Spend the morning at the Pasolivo Ranch then head to wine country for the afternoon.
For the Wine Connoisseur
While there is no shortage of wine on the central coast, here are a few bottles to give as a gift or take to a party. (Hint: These suggestions are more than enough to fill a case.)
- Aaron Wines, Petite Sirah
- Baileyana, La Entrada Pinot Noir
- Biddle Ranch, Akubra
- Cass Winery, Mourvedre
- Daou, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Halter Ranch, Rose
- Laeticia, Cuvee M
- Penman Springs, Artisan Cuvee Meritage
- Rava, Sparkling Brut Rose’
- Sextant, Holystone Zinfandel
- Talley Vineyards, Chardonnay
- Field Recordings, Blanc De Franc
For the beer enthusiast
- Firestone Walker, Barrel Room Tour - Go behind the scenes of SLO CAL’s premier brewer, sample beers and take home a souvenir bag.
- Silva Brewing Company, Crowlers-To-Go - 32 ounces of your favorite Silva draft beer ready to take to a party or put under the tree.
- Libertine Brewing Company, Club Membership - Bottles delivered to your doorstep, growler fills and discounts on merchandise.
- Barrelhouse Brewing Co., Gift Card - It’s too hard to pick a beer or wild ale from one of SLO CAL’s most famous brewers, so why not grab a seat and try them all?
For the art lover
- Kayla King Design, Fine Art Print - SLO CAL inspired abstract art.
- Membership to the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art (SLOMA)
- Radicals Soul Collective, Wall Hanging - We don’t like to pick favorites, but the Bohemian collection is pretty amazing.
For the spirit animal
- Calwise Spirits Co., Tour, Tasting and Private Dinner - A behind the scenes tour and guided tasting followed by craft cocktails and private dining. That’s sure to warm anyone’s spirits.
- Central Coast Distillery Forager Gin - This handcrafted, single batch spirit is bold, yet delicate. Perfect for cocktails or on the rocks.
- Alabaster Box Charter, Chase The Spirits Tour - Visit three craft distilleries on SLO CAL’s Distillery Trail in style.
- YES Cocktail Co. Gift Basket - Pick a few mixers, add in some bitters infused cocktail cubes and top it with their Charred Oak and Maple Syrup.
For the dudes
- Jaw Leather Good- A handcrafted knife or pen roll are equally as unique as the person you’re gifting it to.
- Nautilus Surfboard Shop - Handcrafted Surfboard.
- Pismo Beach Surfing Surf Lessons - If you’re giving them a board, they should probably know how to use it.
- Androgynous Fox Apparel - Baseball tees, henleys, crewnecks and button-ups to fit any personality,
For the ladies
- Hide Stitch and Hook, Leather Goods - If you can’t choose between the handmade leather handbags, there’s a gardening apron and makeup bag you’ll want to put under the tree.
- Len Collective Jewelry - The SLO CAL shop and eponymous line jewelry line has something that will delight any woman on your list. The gold rings, rectangle earrings and the bar necklace make a perfect stocking stuffer.
- House of the Rozetree, Holiday Make Up Bundle - Give her the gift of glam this season.
- Scissor Clothing Swing tanks - Ballerina dresses and crop tees in a minimalist style. We want one of everything.
For the kids
- Brown Butter Cookies - Special orders are sold out until January, but you can still buy the treats in a number of local shops.
- Negranti Creamery Sheep’s Milk Ice Cream Treats - Give the littles on your list a gift card to the scoop shop or throw them an ice cream truck party.
- Pipsticks Sticker Club Membership - A new batch of stickers in their mailbox, every month. Choose from the kid’s club or go pro.
- K. Wilson Adirondack Pack Basket - The small pack basket is perfect for carrying all their new gifts.
- Fable Soap Company Lotion - Buy it online or at a SLO CAL shop.
- Giving Tree Family Farm Goat Milk Soap - Order online or visit the farm. (SLO CAL Insider Tip: They have kissing alpacas!)
- Botanica 805 - Coconut Wax Candle.
- Cattaneo Bros Jerky - Guaranteed to make the stocking smell delicious.
Need some wrapping paper or a holiday card? Wild House Paper --another awesome SLO CAL Crafted product--has you covered. Now get out, shop small and be sure to share your favorite SLO CAL Crafted gifts with us!