Parker Sanpei & Associates
Dadascope Communications for Sunset
Central Coast Hotels Offer Enticing Packages for Destination Food & Wine Event
San Luis Obispo County, CA (June 10, 2011)- A number of hotels have recently announced their partnership with Sunset magazine (www.sunset.com) to offer packages that highlight the beauty and bounty of the Central Coast in tandem with the publication's second annual destination food and wine event, Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast 2011. Properties from San Simeon to the Santa Ynez Valley have crafted generous stay-and-play packages combining comfortable accommodations with tickets to the multi-day celebration, held September 29 through October 2, as well as invitations to enjoy quintessential Central Coast activities such as golfing, wine tasting and fine dining.
"Sunset Savor the Central Coast 2011 will showcase our county's growing wine region and gourmet cuisine, highlight our local farmers, and show off our scenic beauty," says Brittany Garcia, Community and Member Relations Manager for the San Luis Obispo County Visitors & Conference Bureau, which hosts the event with Sunset. "This year we are partnering with some of the best hotels in San Luis Obispo County to create packages that augment the true ‘SAVOR experience.'"
• The historic Paso Robles Inn, which offers double-occupancy two-night stay (Friday, September 30 and Saturday, October 1), two one-day passes to the Main Event, a bottle of Paso Robles wine and welcome basket of local artisan products, a Paso Robles wine tasting map, insulated wine tote, complimentary tastings at local wineries, and a $50 voucher to the newly-remodeled Paso Robles Inn Steakhouse.
• The romantic Shoreline Inn...on the beach in Cayucos, whose package includes a double-occupancy two-night stay in a beachfront room, two one-day tickets to the Main Event valued at $170.00, a half-dozen Brown Butter cookies and a signature wine opener from the Shoreline Inn.
• The Embarcadero Inn in scenic Morro Bay, which will include a double-occupancy two-night stay in a king room with full sea view, fireplace, two one-day passes to the Main Event, and free continental breakfast.
• The Holiday Inn Express in San Luis Obispo, which will include a double-occupancy two-night stay with a king suite upgrade, two one-day passes to the Main Event, and a welcome basket featuring local products.
Other properties include the Colony Inn Best Western and Holiday Inn Express in Atascadero; Avila Lighthouse Suites in Avila Beach; the Olallieberry Inn in Cambria; the Masterpiece Motel and Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites in Morro Bay; and the Cottage Inn, Sandcastle Inn, Spyglass Inn, Best Western Plus Shelter Cove Lodge, Best Western Plus Shore Cliff Lodge, Pismo Lighthouse Suites, Cliffs Resort and Spa, Dolphin Bay Resort and Spa, and Sea Crest Oceanfront Hotel in Pismo Beach. For more information on these hotel properties offering packages for Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast 2011, visit www.SavorCentralCoast.com.
Held at the historic Santa Margarita Ranch, the centerpiece of Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast 2011 is the Main Event which will celebrate the flavors of the good life on the Central Coast: Gardening seminars, food and wine pairings, discussions on sustainability, backyard farming exhibits, and cooking demonstrations featuring celebrity chef, Cat Cora. In addition, the Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast 2011 weekend will offer a host of adventure tours, celebrations, and farm-to-table meals to bring the beauty and bounty of California's Central Coast vibrantly to life, including:
• VIP Reception and Opening Night soirée at Hearst Castle on Thursday, September 29
• Sunset Western Wine Awards Gala on the Pismo Beach Pier, Friday, September 30
• Paso Glow culinary experience in Paso Robles' City Park where local chefs and farmers join Cat Cora to celebrate the Central Coast under the moon on Saturday evening, October 1
• "SAVOR the Mission Plaza," an al fresco dining experience in the heart of SLO Mission Plaza, featuring San Luis Obispo County's best chefs and wineries, Saturday evening, October 1
• Kayaking the Morro Bay Estuary, horseback riding across the Oceano Dunes, hiking Moñtana de Oro State Park, hot-air-ballooning over Paso Robles wine country, and much more.
Tickets for the Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast 2011 event are on sale at www.SavorCentralCoast.com and will also be available at Farm Supply outlets starting July 5.
Sunset magazine has partnered with the San Luis Obispo County Visitors & Conference Bureau to launch Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast 2011. For more event information and tickets, visit www.savorcentralcoast.com, or call 800?768?6653. Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SavorCC, or follow us on Twitter (@SavorCC). Ticket proceeds and sponsorships are considered donations to the San Luis Obispo County Visitors & Convention Bureau, a 501 c 6 non?profit tourism organization promoting San Luis Obispo County.
About Sunset magazine
Sunset magazine is the premier guide to life in the West, covering the newest and best ideas in Western home design and landscaping, food and entertaining, and regional travel in 13 Western states. Sunset and www.sunset.com are part of the lifestyle group of magazines and websites published by the Time Inc. Lifestyle Group.
About the San Luis Obispo Visitors & Conference Bureau
The San Luis Obispo County Visitors & Conference Bureau promotes San Luis Obispo County through advertising, marketing, public relations and group sales. Its membership base is comprised of over 500 tourism industry-related businesses including lodging properties, restaurants, wineries, golf courses and retail stores. For more information on the VCB, please visit www.SanLuisObispoCounty.com or contact Molly Morrison Cano at 805.781.2531 or email@example.com.