Green and Local
At the exciting new food and wine celebration Sunset's Savor the Central Coast - September 30-October 3, 2010 at Santa Margarita Ranch and locations throughout San Luis Obispo County, California - participants can rest easy about the impact they will be making environmentally.
While attendance at the four-day event is expected to draw 8,000 participants from around California and beyond, event organizers have kept the event's carbon footprint to a minimum.
- The goal is to generate less than 200 lbs of waste from the event - that is 1/40 of a pound per person or 0.8 ounces per person! It could be sent across the country first class for 44 cents!
- Everything will be composted for the Sunset Kitchen Garden: plates, bowls, utensils, napkins are all compostable; wine corks will be ground up for mulch.
- No plastic water bottles will be distributed or sold. Rather, water stations will be provided and participants will be encouraged to use their take-home commemorative Riedel event glasses.
- The event will have 30 recycle and composting stations, manned to assist participants to correctly stow their trash.
Additionally, Sunset's Savor the Central Coast is:
- 100% Sustainable Seafood. Working with the Seafood Watch Program, "SUNSET-Savor the Central Coast" has made a 100 percent commitment to feature only sustainable seafood.
- Truly Local. SAVOR takes the locavore experience to new heights. All lamb, beef and poultry, as well as eggs, cheeses and dairy products used for the event are from the Central Coast. Likewise, all produce is being sourced from Central Coast farms.
Information and Ticketing: For more event information and ticketing, visit http://www.savorcentralcoast.com/ or call 800-768-6653. Become a fan on Facebook HTTP://tinyurl.com/SavorCC or follow us on www.Twitter.com/SavorCC. Ticket proceeds and sponsorships are considered donations to the San Luis Obispo County Visitors & Convention Bureau, a 501 c 6 non-profit tourism organization promoting San Luis Obispo County.