As part of our ongoing communications regarding the Highway 1 closure, Visit SLO CAL has provided talking points for stakeholders. Please download the talking points here. These talking points are not to be distributed publicly or given to media. If you receive media inquiries, please direct them to Visit SLO CAL at 805.541.8000. Also included in this pdf are the ways you can get involved.
Please proactively share with your tourism industry colleagues, other businesses and government leaders who may not receive Visit SLO CAL emails.
We have also created two helpful fliers that you are welcome to print out and provide to guests.
Highway 1: Please note that all of Highway 1 is now open in SLO CAL and destinations are open and accessible via Highway 1 from the south. If coming into SLO CAL from the north or traveling north into Monterey County, please be advised of the following:
• Highway 1 is closed 7.5 miles north of Ragged Point (NW SLO County) to 10.3 miles north of Ragged Point at Mud Creek.
• The Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge has reopened to visitors allowing access to Highway 1 in Monterey County as far south as Gorda in southern Big Sur
• Northbound through-travelers on Highway 1 are encouraged to take Highway 46 East towards Paso Robles as a detour, and proceed to Highway 101 North.
• From Monterey, southbound travelers are encouraged to take Highway 68 East at Monterey, and proceed to Highway 101 South.
• Caltrans provides current Highway 1 updates as well.
Visit SLO CAL will update this page as conditions change. If you have questions, please contact us at 805-541-8000.